UC Riverside students, faculty, and staff comprise a dynamic, global community and are impacted by world events every day. We are deeply saddened by the death of Mahsa Amini and distressed to see violence inflicted on people who protest for basic human rights.
Our thoughts are with those in our community who have connections to the region. Health and wellness resources are available to students, faculty, and staff who may be experiencing additional stress in response to the situation in Iran.”
For UCR students looking for on-campus support:
- Students who want professional and confidential mental health support, may contact UCR’s Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) at 951-827-5531. CAPS offers free services to all UC Riverside students.
- Student Affairs
- Case Management
- R’Time for international women – an informal and supportive community group for UCR international students who identify as women. Email email@example.com for details.
- Middle Eastern Student Center
- The WELL
- Basic Needs Office and the R’Pantry
- Physical health is important as well. The Student Recreation Center offers many services including yoga classes, free chair massages, and hosting stretch breaks.
- International students can contact our staff by email, firstname.lastname@example.org.
UCR Employees can contact the Faculty and Staff Assistance Program for confidential counseling, referrals, and other resources.
International scholars can reach out to our staff on the International Scholars team.