UCR Housing, Dining & Hospitality Services has outlined a safe campus living environment for approximately 800 Residence Hall, 900 Campus Apartment, and 136 Family Housing students this Fall. Most of these students will be arriving over the course of four days this coming weekend, September 25–28.
This weekend will also mark the grand opening of our brand new Dundee Residence Hall and Glasgow Residential Restaurant.
If you plan to be on campus during this period, please be prepared for traffic impacts on and around campus.
Some of our most prominent actions in preparation for move-in include the following:
• Due to lower demand for Fall housing, we have closed under-utilized buildings (i.e. Aberdeen-Inverness and 50%+ of Pentland Hills) to ensure that students are not isolated in under-occupied areas, and to save on utility and staffing costs
• Our most sensitive dormitory-style arrangements at Pentland Hills, Lothian, and Dundee will consist of single-occupancy rooms only.
• Our open communities have been outfitted with new hand sanitizing stations in abundance.
• There is a “no guest” policy in effect at all campus housing communities.
• Newly-arriving students have been tracking their health symptoms online for 14 days and have submitted mandatory documentation of a negative COVID test result prior to move-in.
• Check-in will be conducted in a drive-through, contactless format.
• Self-selected RSVP arrival times promote appropriate physical distancing in our buildings.
• All residence hall students will be “sequestering” in pre-assigned cohorts for seven days upon arrival.
• We have a comprehensive quarantine plan that accommodates all basic needs should a student get ill.
Housing Services, Dining Services, and Residential Life are excited to offer an appropriate environment, resources and safe social opportunities, both virtual and in-person, to complement the academic pursuits of students in this pandemic climate.
Learn more about our move-in experience at http://housing.ucr.edu.