Earth Week is here! Highlanders are joining Norm the Navel every day taking his Zero Waste Pledge. All month we’ve been hearing from Norm’s partners at UCR CleanWater, Dining Services, Office of Sustainability, and Green Campus Action Plan about ways we can all Refuse single-use packaging, Reduce paper and plastic usage, and Reuse, repurpose, and refurbish. Now Healthy Campus has a great way Highlanders can enjoy a meal that is both healthy and sustainable.
Link to story: Make your own Healthy Eating R’2GO
Healthy Campus wants you to Eat Fresh and Eat Sustainable with the R’2GO reusable meal container. Make a Healthy Eating R’2GO, enjoy your meal and return it for cleaning and reuse. Make your own Healthy Eating R’2GO by following this guide for creating a healthy, balanced meal:
- Eat a variety of whole grains (like whole-wheat bread, whole-grain pasta, and brown rice). Limit refined grains (like white rice and white bread).
- Choose fish, poultry, beans, and nuts; limit red meat and cheese; avoid bacon, cold cuts, and other processed meats.
- Eat plenty of fruits of all colors.
- The more veggies — and the greater the variety — the better. Potatoes and French fries don’t count.
Check out the resources Healthy Campus has for you to Eat Fresh at https://healthycampus.ucr.edu/sub-committees/healthy-eating-nutrition.
Click here now to join Norm and take the Zero Waste Pledge!
- Refuse single-use packaging
- Reduce paper & plastic usage
- Reuse, repurpose, refurbish