The UCR Stem Cell Core will have an open house with Core Tours on Stem Cell Awareness Day - Tuesday, Oct 12th from 1:00-3:00 PM.
This is a great opportunity for any lab that wants to begin a stem-cell-based project or wants access to new instrumentation to further their current research. The Stem Cell Core is open to any mammalian project and is not limited to stem-cell-based projects. Additionally, certain instruments are available for non-mammalian research projects including the Novocyte flow cytometer, Seahorse Mitochondrial Analyzer, and High-Resolution Upright microscope (more info below).
**The open house will include tours of the Stem Cell Core, and any new labs or new members that participate will receive a 1-hour free coupon on an instrument of their choice.**
Sign Up for a Stem Cell Core Tour on Oct 12th by emailing Rachel Behar (email@example.com). The times available are 1:00 pm, 1:30 pm, 2:00 pm, and 2:30 pm.
Live-Cell Imaging and Microscopy Instrumentation Available at the Stem Cell Core:
- Nikon BioStation CT - fully automated live-cell imaging system (plates)
- Nikon BioStation IM - fully automated live-cell imaging system (35mm dish)
- Nikon Ti Eclipse - Inverted, fully automated with color, bright field, and fluorescent imaging (plates and slides)
- Nikon 80i Eclipse - Upright microscope with phase, fluorescent and color imaging, high resolution up to 100x.
- Nikon Light Microscope (Dissecting Scope) - fluorescent imaging available.
- ThermoFisher EVOS - All-in-One color and phase imaging
Cell and Molecular Biology Instrumentation Available at the Stem Cell Core:
- Seahorse Analyzer - measures metabolic activity via the oxygen consumption rate and extracellular acidification rate in live cells or isolated mitochondria
- Novocyte Flow Cytometer - user-friendly, two laser - 10 channels
- Bulldog Bio NEPA21 Electroporator - gentle, efficient even on hard-to-transfect cell types, and very cost-effective.
- BioTek Epoch - Colorimetric Plate Reader
- BioRad 384 qPCR
- BioRad Thermocycler
- Lonza Luminometer
- Lonza Nucleofector - Electroporator
- Invitrogen Qubit - For Quantifying DNA, RNA or Protein.
- RNA Flash Gel System
- ThermoFisher Countess - automated cell counter