A unique professional development opportunity and a chance to support the successful launch of UC Riverside's new financial system is now available! The Impact23 program is launching a process for individuals to serve on workgroups dedicated to testing (Concur, Kuali, Oracle, Boundary systems, and Financial Reports), training, and go-live support. Working knowledge of UC Riverside finance systems, related tools/reports, and practices is requested.
The recruitment period runs from November 7th to November 15th, 2022.
HOW THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS WILL WORK: ANTICIPATED TIMELINE, COMMITMENT, & ROLES
From 11/7 - 11/15, a recruitment period will occur for individuals to self-nominate or supervisors to nominate staff interested in participating. The program team will review all submissions by November 18. A list of proposed nominees will be shared with CFAOs for review before they are presented to the Impact23 Steering Committee for confirmation.
In general, units will test systems like Oracle and Kuali that have workflows requiring transactors, approvers, and faculty (faculty are applicable if the department has Contracts & Grants). Individual nominees will be evaluated to augment units or fill gaps in testing standalone boundary systems and reporting tools.
Due to project complexity and role variations, the project team requests a 250-hour baseline commitment starting January 2023 and lasting until the end of the Impact23 program transition in September 2023. Many factors impact the time commitment of a tester. For example, the OFC General Ledger module may require fewer test cases and less collaboration for workflows (fewer testing hours) than the Procurement module (greater testing hours). Hours for participants will vary greatly based on project needs, resource availability, and experience. As a reminder, the project team is requesting a 250-hour baseline commitment (~30 hours per month) starting in January 2023.
- System Testing & Training Activities: January 2023 - June 2023
Learn test requirements, tools, and attend testing sessions & assist with training materials and deployment of courses. Assist organization unit with developing and modifying departmental processes and internal controls to ensure a smooth transition to the new systems.
- Go-Live Transition Support: July 2023 - September 2023
Serve as the local point of contact to answer training-related and general inquiries for new system users after go-live.
EXAMPLES OF SKILLS NEEDED
- Accounting/financial background, procurement, preaward, business meeting and entertainment, or financial reporting experience
- Interest in learning new Impact23 processes and systems with a willingness to share knowledge
- Ability to develop training materials and/or have instructor experience
- Ability to perform test scenarios, with a "test to break" attitude!
- Ability to create ad hoc queries
- Communication skills (verbal and written)
- Time management and organization
BENEFITS OF PARTICIPATION
- Visibility into the new financial system
- Build competency in Impact23 systems and reports before go-live
- Exposure to other units' business practices and future standardization
- Insight into the business process changes that impact day-to-day financial transactions
- Work closely with workgroup leads and provide feedback
- Learn how to system test, support training and stabilization efforts
Discuss the baseline commitment with your nominees and complete this questionnaire no later than November 15, 2022.
Impact23 Extended Tester Nomination Form for Individuals
For questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Don’t forget to visit our website at impact.ucr.edu to learn more about the program.
Impact23 Functional Lead and Assistant Controller