The eight-month Making Excellence Inclusive Diversity Certificate Program will guide participants through a series of learning activities designed to emphasize the commitment to equity and inclusion as a core value in an increasingly diverse campus community. The program is developed around the belief that individuals learn most effectively when they discover, understand, and apply their new knowledge to the real-world situations they face at the university. Program content includes:
- INTRODUCTION TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY, & INCLUSION
- IMPLICIT BIAS, MICROAGGRESSIONS & BEYOND
- PRINCIPLES OF COMMUNITY & WORKPLACE PROFESSIONALISM
- COMMUNICATING FOR UNDERSTANDING
- SOCIAL MOVEMENTS
- FREE SPEECH ON CAMPUS IN THE AGE OF SOCIAL MEDIA
- IMPROVING CLIMATE & AVOIDING LEGAL RISK
Applicants who meet the eligibility requirements must complete the online application by visiting diversity.ucr.edu/mei for the application link and more information. Applications are due by September 13, 2023. Applicants will be reviewed and decisions for admission by Friday, September 29, 2023.
You must be eligible for the program by making sure that you and your supervisor are willing to make the necessary commitment for successful completion. Eligible participants must have:
- Completed their employee probationary period at UCR
- Endorsement for participation from their department/supervisor
Sessions meet every third Thursday of the month from October 2023 to May 2024, 1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. via Zoom.
*October 19, 2023 | November 16, 2023 | December 21, 2023 | January 18, 2024 | February 15, 2024 | March 21, 2024 | April 18, 2024 | May 16, 2024
Visit DIVERSITY.UCR.EDU/MEI for more information or contact Megan Hansen-Rush @ firstname.lastname@example.org