UC President Napolitano, in response to the recently released proposed Title IX rules, is soliciting input from the UC community. The proposed Title IX rules are available here. To facilitate this process, community members are encouraged to submit their input to the Office of the President directly via an online survey here. The section numbers in the survey align with the section numbers in the proposed rules.
Please note the following provisions in particular could result in significant changes to UC’s current processes:
• Requirement to provide for a live hearing (Section 106.45(b)(3)(vii), page 61474)
• Requirement to allow cross-examination (Section 106.45(b)(3)(vii), page 61474)
• Changes to the definition of sexual harassment (Section 106.3, page 61466)
• Elements necessary to trigger the formal grievance process (Section 106.45(b)(3)(vii), page 61474)
• Institutional choice regarding applicable standard of evidence (Section 106.45(b)(4), page 61477)
Due to the short comment period and impending holidays, President Napolitano must receive input by December, 21, 2018.
The federal regulation can also be viewed at https://compliance.ucr.edu/proposed-policies.