Dear UCR Faculty, Students, and Staff,
UC Riverside is moving into uncharted territory as we begin our first-ever Spring quarter with all remote instruction. Your UCR Library staff have been working diligently to provide support, services, and remote access to resources, which are outlined in this new LibGuide on Expanded / Free Access during the COVID-19 closure.
Additionally, UCR affiliates can access electronic copies of most library materials from off-campus locations through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service.
The Emergency Temporary Access Service (ETAS) permits special access for HathiTrust member libraries located in the U.S. that suffer an or to normal operations, such as closure for a public health emergency, requiring the library to be closed to its patrons, or otherwise restrict print collection access services.
Through the HathisTrust ETAS, UCR faculty, staff, and students now have:
held by their home institution with a digitized copy in HathiTrust.
- There is no option to download the work in full.
- with an auto-renew feature for books still in use. Access to items is 1-1; 1 copy on the member library shelf, 1 individual access to the digital copy; 2 copies, 2 concurrent users of the digital item.
How to Access UCR Print Materials via HathiTrust
- To use the HathiTrust ETAS, go to http://hathitrust.org and select the yellow “LOG IN” button.
- Find and select University of California, Riverside from the list of partner institutions. Select “Continue”.
- You will arrive at UCR’s Central Authentication Service. Enter your UCR NetID and Password.
- When you have successfully logged in, you will be returned to the HathiTrust website.
Remember, your library staff are still available to answer questions and provide support, even in this remote-working situation. You can always Ask a Librarian if you need additional guidance.
Be safe and stay healthy,