The interim policy on Travel Risk Reduction (900-25), which was formerly called the International Travel Policy, was revised in December 2020. The interim policy was first initiated on March 6, 2020 and was recently updated to align with recommendations and guidance from the CDC, UCOP, and local health officials. The updated policy includes a number of key changes:
- All University-Related Travel has been suspended, except for Essential Travel (Note: The definition of University-Related Travel exempts UCR-owned or controlled properties)
- Essential Travel is defined as travel that is deemed necessary for university business and has received written approval from the necessary individuals
- Approval for travel must receive advanced approval from the traveler’s immediate supervisor, cognizant Vice Chancellor or Dean, and the Provost
- A University-Related Travel Pre-Approval Form has been created in order to ensure all necessary information is capture and to expedite the approval process
- All travelers, including those traveling for personal purposes, must follow the CDC’s guidance for After You Travel, which includes the requirement to quarantine for 14 days (if applicable) before returning to a UCR facility.
- The traveler is required to register all University-Related Travel either through booking through Connexxus or manually via UC Away and is strongly advised to register all personal travel
The interim policy will be reviewed and updated, as needed, on a periodic basis. To find out more information about current travel policies and procedures, please visit the EH&S site: https://ehs.ucr.edu/coronavirus/travel.