I am pleased to announce that the application for the UC Student Regent representative is now live! This is an exciting opportunity for all students to participate at the UC Regent level and serve as an advocate for student needs. The Student Regent serves a one-year term as a full voting member of the Board of Regents, preceded by a one-year, non-voting term as Regent-Designate. (2-year commitment). I have included the New Regent Fillable Application and FAQ’s for your reference in submitting your application. Application Deadline is March 11, 2024. All submissions should be emailed in a single PDF to Clare.Sheridan@ucop.edu and Brendan.Obrien@ucr.edu.
Some of the benefits of serving as Student Regent include:
• Having all tuition and fees waived and receiving a stipend during the two-year term;
• The first fifty officially accepted applicants from UCR will be added to a drawing for a UCR Sweatshirt and Coffee Bean gift card courtesy of ASUCR;
• Representing UC’s 294,000 students as a voting member of the Board of Regents;
• Influencing UC policy and the decisions that shape the student experience;
• Championing the student point of view on issues related to access, affordability and student success;
• Honing leadership and governance skills;
There will also be a webinar on Saturday, February 10th from 12pm to 1pm if you are interested in attending. The Regents will discuss the application process to become the UC Student Regent and will answer questions. Webinar Sign Up - Click Here
On February 15th, we will be hosting the two current UC Student Regent representatives on campus. As part of that visit, the Student Regents will host a Student Town Hall from 12pm to 1:30pm in HUB 355. Lunch will be provided for those who RSVP by Monday, February 5th using the link below. Seating is limited and is available on a first come, first served basis.
Regents Townhall and Lunch RSVP – 2/15