Developmental psychologist elected to Academy of Behavioral Medicine Research

Author: Iqbal Pittalwala
November 23, 2020

Chandra Reynolds, a professor of psychology at UCR, has been elected as a fellow to the Academy of Behavioral Medicine Research, the premier honorary scientific organization for scientists working at the interface of behavior and medicine. 

“I am very honored to be elected as a fellow of the Academy of Behavioral Medicine Research, alongside such an accomplished group of scientists,” Reynolds said. “I look forward to exciting exchanges of ideas. I am especially grateful to colleagues Howard S. Friedman, distinguished professor of psychology of UCR, who was instrumental in my nomination and ever supportive of my work at UCR, and Daniel K. Mroczek of Northwestern University, whose work I have long admired.”

The Academy of Behavioral Medicine Research is comprised of several hundred eminent senior investigators, all of whom have been elected to membership through a highly selective process.

“Dr. Reynolds has made significant contributions to developmental psychology,” said Daniel Ozer, a professor of psychology and chair of the UCR Department of Psychology. “She studies changes in cognitive abilities across the life course, describing how early life factors may shape cognition, health, and well-being in adulthood and old age. Using studies of twins, she has been able to characterize transactions between biological and environmental influences on cognitive change in late life.”