Eleven researchers at the University of California, Riverside, are among 4,058 individuals included on the 2018 Highly Cited Researchers list compiled by Clarivate Analytics, which was previously part of Thomson Reuters.
The list includes the most frequently cited researchers in 21 fields of the sciences and social sciences, and recognizes “researchers whose citation records position them in the highest ranks of influence and impact.” It identifies scientists and social scientists who have demonstrated significant influence through publication of multiple highly cited papers during the last decade. This year approximately 2,000 additional researchers have also been identified as having exceptional performance based on high impact papers in several fields — the new cross-field category.
The Highly Cited Researchers from UCR and the categories they were recognized in are:
- Julia Bailey-Serres, University of California MacArthur Foundation Chair and distinguished professor of genetics (Plant & Animal Science category)
- Alexander Balandin, University of California Presidential Chair Professor and distinguished professor of electrical and computer engineering (Physics category)
- Sean Cutler, professor of plant cell biology (Plant & Animal Science category)
- Pingyun Feng, professor of chemistry (Cross-field category)
- Chun Ning Lau, research physicist (Physics category)
- Timothy Lyons, distinguished professor of biogeochemistry (Geosciences category)
- Bahram Mobasher, professor of physics and astronomy (Space Science category)
- Sang-Youl Park, associate specialist in botany and plant sciences (Plant & Animal Science category)
- Naveen Reddy, associate professor of physics and astronomy (Space Science category)
- Wei Ren, professor of electrical and computer engineering (Engineering category)
- Yadong Yin, professor of chemistry (Chemistry category)
Read more here.