In March, UC Berkeley, UC Davis and Agricultural Natural Resources are planned to be the next UC locations to implement UCPath, which will bring the total number of employees served by the UCPath Center to 135,000. During this transition, direct access for UCR employees to UCPath and UCPath Center support services through the portal will be limited. The timing of this transition at the end of winter quarter and during tax season poses a challenge; UCR's UCPath project team and Shared Services Centers will be doing their best to mitigate any problems that may arise during this period. An increase in wait-time for UCPath Center calls can be expected due to the larger workload. However, if you experience problems, please do not hesitate to reach out for assistance to for academics and email@example.com for staff.
- Key Dates & Times UCPath will be unavailable (UCPC will be available to take calls, but will not be able to resolve issues requiring access to the UCPath system)
- Outage 1: Friday, March 1 at 5 p.m. until Thursday, March 7 at 8 a.m.
- Outage 2: Thursday, March 14 at 5 p.m. until Wednesday, March 20 at 8 a.m.
The UCPath self-service portal will be unavailable during the key dates noted above.
- Faculty, staff, and student workers will not be able to visit UCPath online to view/download W-2s, pay statements, leave balances, etc., during the two outages.
- W2s: Employees will not be able to visit UCPath Online to download or view their W2s during this outage. Please be sure to print them out beforehand.
- Paychecks: Paychecks will be delivered as scheduled, however Earnings Statements (paystubs) will only be available when the portal is available. We request that employees access their paystubs as soon as they are available to confirm their accuracy and reach out if there are any questions or concerns.
Monthly Paid Employees: Earnings Statements will be available from February 27th – March 1st at 5pm then from March 8th – March 14th and then after March 20th.
- Bi-weekly Paid Employees: Earnings Statements will be available after March 7th, then from March 8th – March 14th and then after March 20th.
- Who to Contact with Questions:
- Faculty and other academics should email
- Staff should contact
- You may also contact the UCPath Center to speak with an associate during the outages Monday through Friday from 8 a.m.–5 p.m. (PT) at (855) 982-7284.