Summer has been busy at UC Riverside as new buildings continue to take shape.
Several major projects are nearing completion or have reached significant milestones.
• The Dundee Residence Hall and Glasgow Dining Hall, which is expected to open this fall. The project consists of three buildings: a 51,000-square-foot, two-story dining facility; and two seven-story residence halls. The buildings are structurally complete.
• The North District student housing complex, which will provide 1,500 beds in apartment-style units as part of a mixed-use development. The first phase is expected to be finished in 2021.
• Plant Research 1, a 30,000-square-foot, two-story high-tech greenhouse space where researchers from different disciplines can work together in a climate-controlled environment. Construction is expected to be completed in November with the building open for use by January.
• A new four-level parking structure at the east side of Parking Lot 13 that will provide 1,287 spaces — a net increase of 800 spaces — when it opens early next year.
• The Student Success Center, a three-story, 60,000-square-foot building that will provide needed classroom and lecture hall space, is expected to be completed in late summer of 2021.
Check out our video and photo gallery below to see how these projects are progressing.